4 Reasons Why You Should Never Buy From that Guy in the Van
If you have been in the hookah business long enough, I am sure you have seen this guy, talked to this guy, maybe even bought shisha from this guy. It's understandable. He shows up with too good to be true pricing, does a cash deal, doesn't pay taxes and takes off before anything goes south. What you might not realize is that this guy is not paying your taxes, not filing the proper reports and putting your business in jeopardy. We hear the horror stories from business owners around the country who get a visit from the tax office and have their shisha confiscated, fines and back taxes levied, even full store closures because of the less that legal business practices of the man in the van.
1. Without proper invoices and tax records you could be liable for taxes on everything in your store, even the products you bought through legit channels. Cash deals are a serious red flag!
2. Counterfeit products are rampant in this shadow industry, so don't give your customers fake product when they give you real money.
3. These guys are killing eveyone's profit margins, because they sell products at cut rate prices. In return retailers drop prices to out compete each other. Then the price slashing wars begin. Retailers lose money, and the van drives away with all the profit.
4. Most invoices by these guys (if you can get one) say they pay state taxes. The problem is that most of them are not real businesses and try to avoid auditors by staying mobile. Is it worth losing your business over a few dollars?
4 Ways Hookah Wholesalers Helps You Succeed
1. Every Invoice is properly notated with applicable state tobacco taxes. If you ever get audited, we will help you prove that all taxes have been properly accounted for. What is that worth?
2. We only sell 100% authentic hookah products. Don't damage your reputation by selling fakes, we guarantee all products are the real thing.
3. We report these shady distributors to the manufacture in order to keep the product values high. When everyone drops their prices, retailers make less money even if they sell a few more units. Do you want to work more for less money? Neither do we!
4. Most of these guys only have a few flavors, or outdated, liquidated stock from a defunct distributor.You can count on Hookah Wholesalers to have what you need in stock. You can't run your hookah business if you don't have the right products on the shelf.
Have you seen this van?
If you have been burned by one of these guys before, share your story and help prevent these guys from hurting other hookah business.