Tips on How To Decorate Your Hookah Lounge (or store) for Halloween
Alright ghouls and goblins, it’s time to get geared up for the Halloween season. You can probably get away with putting up a few fake spider webs and hanging a sign that says, ‘Boo!’. However, if you want to make this holiday really deliver on its business potential, then you need to work for it.
- Make sure you’re all stocked up on Fall shisha flavors. While some people like to indulge in Romman Summer Crisp year round, many want to match the season with some Starbuzz Carmel Apple or Fumari Spiced Chai.
- Just like seasonal shisha, it may be a good idea to have food and beverage items that pair well with the new chill in the air. Have hot apple cider or hot chocolate on hand, and offer up some goodies like pumpkin muffins.
- A great way to give your business a fresh feel for your customers and employees is to really embrace holiday decor. It may seem like frivolous extra work, but ambiance can make all of the difference.
- You can decorate at a low cost (unless you really want to spring for the full-fledged haunted house feel) by going to your local dollar store or grocery store. During Halloween they generally carry fake spider webs, little plastic spiders or skull rings, small pumpkins, candy corn, window appliques, etc. Little details go a long way.
- Hang a little plastic spider from the tray of a customer’s hookah and add some red food coloring to the base water to spookify their session.
- If you really want to get into the spirit, order a few specialty Halloween-themed hookahs.
- If you aren’t that into Halloween, then decorate for Fall. Make your own scarecrow (stuff a flannel shirt and pants with straw- stick a broom through it to make it stand), use brown, orange, yellow, or red colors for table cloths, scatter some fake Fall leaves on the table, etc.
- Encourage business on the weekend before or after Halloween by hosting a party at your lounge. Have a costume contest, offer prizes, run some specials on that night. Some people are just looking for somewhere to celebrate Halloween – give them that opportunity!
- Have a pumpkin carving event at your hookah lounge leading up to Halloween. Provide tables covered in newspaper and the carving utensils, have customers vote on which pumpkin is the best and give away a prize.
Have fun with it, and make sure to promote the good times!